Goals of the Vincentian Chair
The Vincentian Chair of Social Justice pursues the following goals:
- Social Justice and Poverty. Focus attention on social injustice and poverty as affronts to the dignity of the human person and the common good.
- Catholic Social Thought. Serve as a catalyst and convenor for reflection on and formation in Catholic Social Thought.
- Vincentian Research Fellows Program. Create within the University through the Fellows Program an active, interdisciplinary community of research and practice where faculty bring their academic expertise to bear on issues of poverty and justice.
- Collaboration for the Common Good. Structure specific convenings and programs on justice for academics, religious leaders, community representatives and service providers.
- Vincentian Identity. Encourage the University community to communicate “Vincentian” in various modalities, including visual arts, curricula and research.